Investment Restrictions and Lack of Transparency among Major Concerns for Industry Players
As a region that is undergoing rapid economic growth, the demand for energy efficiency in ASEAN has also soared in recent decades. Therefore, energy security has also emerged as one of the key concerns in order for these countries to achieve sustainable development.
Today, resource producing nations in this region are also facing challenges in the areas of minerals, oil and gas due to a maturing resource base that affects their ability to reinvest in their businesses. More importantly, they are also facing the dilemma of choosing between attracting foreign investment and promoting local champions thus affecting all stakeholders concerned.
Research partner, Bain & Company highlighted several issues that served as the topic of discussion.
- Skills or expertise needed to successfully transition to a mature resource base
- Role of government in ensuring a vibrant oil and gas sector
- Achieving the right balance between domestic workforces and expatriate employees
- Information sharing among industry players
Co-Conveners Shahril Shamsuddin President & Group CEO, SapuraKencana
Dr. Ilham Akbar Habibie President Director, PT Ilthabi Rekatama
Research Partner Bain & Company
Moderator Dale Hardcastle, Partner, Bain & Company
- 6 sectors Prelim Papers
- 6 sectors Presentation Slides
- Plenary Sessions Presentation Slides
- Idea Capsules Presentation Slides
ASEAN Business Club Forum gratefully acknowledges its Partners – See all partners